Happy Valentine's Day

Oooh....!! It's that time of the year again, where LOVE is in the air. :D

And no, it's not the scene where a girl plucks petals off a flower one by one, while saying these words, "Love me. Love me not. Love me. Love me not." Lol.

Ah, love... such a wonderful feeling yet such a confusing thing at times. Don't you think?

So, what IS this little thing called love?

Let see what some famous people have to say about this four letter word, aye?


Saint Thomas Aquinas says, "Love is willing the good of another, without expecting anything in return."

Mother Teresa has this to say, "If you judge people, you have no time to love them."

Neil Gaiman (Author of The Sandman, Vol. 9: The Kindly Ones ) writes, "Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.” (Kath: Urgh....)

Old mr. William Shakespeare (God bless his soul) proclaims, "Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind."

Nicholas Sparks (awesome books he writes) writes this in The Walk to Remember, "Love is like the wind. You can't see it but you can feel it."

And Jodi Picoult, in her novel My Sister's Keeper, reminds us what love is about. "You don't love someone because they are prefect. You love them in spite of the fact that they are not."

Well, there we have it. The varied perspectives of love from different people of different backgrounds.

What is YOUR take on love? What does it mean to you?

Personally, I would say that there is NO one correct answer to what love means.
Love to me is being comfortable in the presence of the other person, where you can be yourself.
Love to me is knowing that even at my worst moments and when everything seems to go wrong, the person is always there to back you up and be at your side.
Love to me is anticipating and knowing what the other person needs or wants, without the need for an exchange of words between the two of you.

THAT is my take.
It may differ from yours, but I am sure we can all agree on one thing.
And that is that little thing called love.

So, to everyone out there celebrating this beautiful day (All days are beautiful, by the way), a very happy Valentine's day to you and your loved ones.



Happy V-Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Mr. KT

Of Vampires and Werewolves

My Future???