Compassion Walk 2013

What do:
a cobbler from Sandakan living in KL for 17 years,
a beggar with a broken right hand,
a Bangladeshi foreigner working for a construction company,
an uncle well in his 70+ years but single
and an enforcement officer working on a Saturday
have in common?

Well, they were the people whom I met during my Compassion walk 2013. :)

We were supposed to walk around KL city, approach people, ask them questions, give out food and water.
Personally, I found it very hard to approach them, talk to them and give them food, if they wanted to take of course.
I couldn't do it!!! I got scared. *wails*
That is why I cannot do outdoor sales (I'm sorry!), me no like approaching strangers. Face not thick enough.
I have of course, in desperate moments, approached people when I really needed help.

Anyway, thank goodness J, P and A took that step. I followed. They were bolder, hahaha and more streetwise.
I was given a bottle of water to give to someone random but I didn't see anyone that was in need of water. (I needed it instead) In the end I gave it back to them to give to someone.
Argh!!! I "inhale" at this.

You know, when you spend time talking to these people whom we are often oblivious to in our daily hectic lives, you actually learn a lot. And they in turn, are just waiting for someone who would listen to them, hear their life stories. Then they are very very happy after that. Hahaha. Seriously!

It WAS great. What was even greater is that there were 800 of us doing it, so you should be able to see a crowd of purple-coloured people walking around KL. LOL. Like Barney's little children. (Eew..! Where did that come from?!)

Met up with some friends whom I met two years back, one year back. We're not facebook friends but we greet and hug each other as if we were always seeing each other.
Met a girl named Maybelline (not bluffing).
Finally met Char's mentor in person and for real, cause I used to only hear about him.

It was totes awesome.

See? And this is just the English section. We have Tamil, Mandarin and BM too.

What the back of our tshirt says...
 
Our God is awesome. Because of Him, the weather was fine, everything went on smoothly with no bad incidents. I felt very grateful for what I have, everything. What I have and what I don't.

You all can make a difference too. :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Mr. KT

Of Vampires and Werewolves

My Future???