Death

I was Facebooking (what kind of word is this?!) the other day and I came across the profile of my secondary school classmate's brother.

He passed away last year, after a battle with lung cancer. And guess what, if he were still alive today, he'd be sitting for his SPM in four months time...

I teared a bit reflecting on how precious life is. Yet, people take it so lightly. They take theirs for granted and they even take other's life for granted like killing and murdering.

Death, to me, was always associated with old people. You know, people with white hair, no teeth, wrinkly skin, that kind.

But for the past year, I have heard of deaths of people younger than me. Sickness, accidents.. They kind of make me sit up straight in my chair and think. "We could die any moment." Honestly.

Who says the Grim Reaper ain't gonna get you if you're young?

It was heart wrenching when I saw friends of the boy, posting on his FB wall, wishing him well, saying how they miss him and think of him everyday. He passed away a few days after his 16th birthday.

This made me think of something...
Will I be missed as such, should I die unexpectedly?
Did I do enough, to leave an impact on the people I care for, people who know me?
Or will I be a wallflower, even at death, with people saying, "Who's she?"

Well, I'll just have to die and see.


"Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
If I should die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Mr. KT

Of Vampires and Werewolves

My Future???