Shattered Glass

You know, I have been stupidly naive all this while haven't I?

"Why be so trusting Kathleen?"
"Because I always think good of others."

"But that is almost never true isn't it?"
"Yea.....Sigh."

I never realized this until Chian and SY commented one fine day.
Their comment was that I will never think bad of others.
That I will always give a reason for why certain people were behaving in a certain way.
Like if so and so was being cold, they would say that the person is a snob.
I would come in and say, that the person was just having a bad day or perhaps feeling shy.

I didn't really believe it until it happened, right there and then I did exactly what they said without knowing it.

As I examined my thoughts and behaviour, yes, I admit I have been doing it.

I have been too trusting, too naive, always believing that others will never have any motives for doing what they were doing or behaving as how they were.

How stupid have I been... Huh!

I don't want to become a cynical person. Because from the bottom of my heart, I honestly believe people have reasons for how they behave or act. And I have always always defended each and every one of them.

But, I think I believe it no more.



It's just hurtful... and unfair.
I have never been a vocal person. But, I can write and the pen is mightier than the sword.



My so-called vision or belief has just been shattered into a million pieces like a mirror glass.
I can see my reflection in it no more....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Mr. KT

Of Vampires and Werewolves

My Future???