Road Bully

*Note: I am telling my version of what happened.*
I was on my way home with two of my sisters in the car. I was coming out from one of the small roads onto the main road. So normally, you always look right/left before coming out kan? I looked right, there were no oncoming cars only one motorcyclist who was a distance away.

Based on my own judgment, that distance was safe enough for me to come out onto the main road. So I turned left onto the main road. I knew the motorcyclist would be a few meters behind, so I kept to my left as much as possible when coming out, to keep space between my car, the motorcyclist and the oncoming cars from the other direction just so that he would still be able to go through (Now, I wonder why did I even bother...).

A few SECONDS later (not immediate), I heard this insistent beeping coming from behind. I instinctively knew it was from that motorcyclist. But I didn't really bother, I looked straight cause there was a car in front of me. The beeping continued from behind to the side of me, where I could feel the guy staring at me (Never see pretty girls before is it? *sarcastic tone*). I still didn't look at him, which luckily I didn't. I think he wasn't satisfied. He sped up and came to the front of me. (See? I told you I gave him a lot of space right?)

What happened next actually frightened me. The motorcyclist had taken off his helmet and he was waving it at us. His expression showed he was extremely pissed. He behaved as if he was going to smash my windscreen right there and then. I just observed him. He then purposely moved in front of my car and slowed down his speed tremendously. If he was expecting me to react (honk him or overtake him), he got the wrong driver. The direction of the road I was heading on was one of the quieter roads. When he did that, the first thought in my head was the safety of my sisters and I. There is no way I can move away from him, it was one lane and cars from the opposite direction was jammed.

He kept in front of me for a few good minutes. All the while I just kept my distance. I didn't honk him, knock him over or cursed at him. I just let him think that what he did, did not affect me at all. It did scare me but I wasn't going to play his game. Thank God, he went straight later and I quickly turned off onto another road.

I was shocked. Then I thought maybe I had been a bit careless just now. But according to my sisters, they also said that he was quite a distance away and he sped up when I came out. And honestly, I never simply come out of junctions. The scary thing was (this was told to me by S), when he was at my side, he already had his helmet off and was making angry gestures at my window.

He must have been pissed because I cut in front of him. And because I ignored him. Thank God he did not smash my window..!!

S was angry on my behalf. She was cursing at him all the way. She said I was too nice as I told them that it was ok and not to be bothered by him. I was a bit shaken but still calm. C was more alert in a way that she had taken down his license plate in case anything happened to us. Huh....

Come to think of it, he was most probably angry because he did not get my attention and he gave up when I didn't give him the reaction he wanted.

All I know is, I am blessed that nothing happened to any of us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Mr. KT

Of Vampires and Werewolves

My Future???