Another Dengue Statistic (Part 1)

Subang Jaya is a well known hotspot for dengue cases.
But I would have never expected myself to become another statistic.

It all happened quite suddenly. I was well one day (even went out for a drink), the next day I woke up with a high fever (39.4 degree C), throbbing headaches, breathing difficulties and rashes all over my body. I felt like total crap. Slept throughout the morning, with my mom and sister occasionally sponging my hot body with a damp cloth to keep the body temperature down.

Mid afternoon, my parents took me to see the doctor to find out what's going on. My mom had to literally support me from the house to the car. I dropped on to the car seat and slept. When we reached the clinic, again I had to be supported to the clinic from the car. I literally fell asleep on the clinic's sofa in the lounge. I was just so tired and groggy. Just before the doctor was to see me, I felt nauseous, so I went into the bathroom. There, you could say that I almost slumped onto the bathroom floor to have a nap as well. I just couldn't keep myself awake.

Soon, it was my turn to consult the doctor. He said that having rashes on the body is a common symptom of dengue. The he went on to say, "But you won't find any rashes on her palms. If there is, it means she has Syphillis." Even in my state of mind, I wasn't sure whether to laugh or to cry at the absurdity of his observance. Thank God I haven't been naughty. Haha. He looked at my tongue and said "Strawberry." I wished I could eat one then. Later, he gave me two freakin jabs (one for nausea, one was a viraemia (familiar, no? MY Biotech friends?)). Guess where the jabs were administered? On my butt! I super hate jabs, injections anything that has anything to do with syringes. Because I am really scared of them. Well, anyway when he jabbed me the first time, I wasn't myself and I gave a high pitched "Ow!". Think the Doctor got a shock. The second time, I became 'sober' a bit and did not give such a big reaction. Luckily I was groggy and blur, if not, I would have given him more trouble when he wanted to jab me the second time. Huh. I told you I hate jabs. How am I going to take HPV??? (Must take before having sex...hahaha)

Anyway, the first day of my illness passed on without much excitement after that. Slept the rest of the day waking up in time to take my disgusting Medis. Another part I hate seeing the doc, is that I have to take tons and tons of pills. I have trouble swallowing pills. Really. Everytime I fall sick, I prefer to sleep and sleep it all away. That's why you never see me going to the doc's. But desperate situations call for desperate measures. It was either this or the hospital... And no way am I admitting myself to have the back of my hand poked for IV, which not only hampers my movements and it's also lonely!! (And scary...hahah).

Oh yea.. bout the jab, guess what? I was allergic to one of it. My face swelled... like really bengkak. My sisters made fun of me saying I look like a goldfish. Like whatever. Beware if you do get jabs for nausea. The jab's name was Maxolon. Coincidentally, I had pills for it to curb my nausea. The irony, it made me vomit out whatever I ate....hahahahaha. So.... yea... hmm... I'm speechless too.

Will continue.. till then. :D

Mosquitoes... this is war!!!!

Comments

chian said…
OMG!!! when did it happen??? are you ok now?
Are you feeling better now my dear? Please take good care of yourself k? Anything if I am able to help, just tell me, I am willing to do so. No need to worry....
Kath said…
>Chian: I'm ok... it was very sudden. Seriously. I got sick the day after we met up for yum cha. :D

>shinigami: Yup, I'm better now. :D. Thanks for the help volunteered. I'll be more careful.

Popular posts from this blog

To Mr. KT

Of Vampires and Werewolves

My Future???