It's a Man Thing

"It's a man thing." Matt said.
And that sparked off a debate of male ego. Lol.

Was having breakfast with my godpa and godbrothers after church, when I (the only girl present) proceeded to take the bill and pay for the meal. I just wanted to treat them but that was an unthinkable and a definite no-no action on my behalf. (I honestly didn't know.)

Immediately, my godpa literally snatched the bill out of my hand, saying, "No, Kathleen."
Matt jokingly added, "You think we cannot pay for ourselves is it?"
I said, "No, I just wanted to treat you guys since you always pay for my sister's meal."

All the guys objected, saying that it was ok. I asked why.
The answer is this post's title.

My ignorant action then started this talk about this race of people from the planet of Mars and their egos. Ooppss... And the sexist talk. Huh.

From the gist of our talk, I got this message. When a guy offers to pay or pays for something, never object, never ask to split the bill and never fight with them for the bill.

Because, if I do any of the above, I am gonna bruise their ego. 0.o
Come to think of it, now I understand the reaction of some people when we (girls) offered to split the bill for something like a badminton court.
I didn't understand it at first, now I do.

My gosh, where have I been? Planet Venus or something? I just realised it today! And the irony is I work in a company with the word ego in it too! Hahaha. Tsk tsk Kath.

I think I must have bruised some serious male ego then. I wasn't aware.

Matt then had to start this 'argument'. He said, "Girls should do what they are supposed to do and not fight with us."
I retorted back, "Yea and not invade your territory right? Like certain jobs."
Aaron shot, "Girls have evolved for a millennia, to vacuum floors, sweep floors and iron clothes."
Godpa then added, "Even the vaccum is made in a way that it is just meant for ladies. Things like clubs, hammers, axes were made for the men."

It's a losing battle... Hahaha.

Personally, it's ok if guys have their egos. It's who they are. But I seriously don't think that I will just listen and follow BLINDLY just because he tells me to.
I mean I have my own thoughts, opinions, my own brain kan?
Imagine asking me to jump off a cliff. Period. You can jolly well take the jump first, thank you.

But, if you ask me to jump off the cliff cause there's a monster behind, an intrusion of cockroaches or something, then maybe la. Hahahaha.
Provided that I'm not that gullible as well. Lol.

I'm so sorry guys. I'm such a dunderhead......

(A side note: I am mostly an obedient person but I am not a puppet.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Mr. KT

Of Vampires and Werewolves

My Future???