Fasting

I tried fasting on Monday. Not like how the Muslims fast though during Ramadhan from sunrise to sunset. My type of fasting just means eating one less meal for the day. So instead of breakfast, lunch and dinner (let's count the amount of tidbits I eat during the day out of this for now, shall we?), I only had breakfast and dinner.

Nothing beats when you're fasting to be very very tempted to food!!! Cause lunch is suddenly like some forbidden fruit. It did not help especially when my mom left a plate of fried chicken (meant for dinner) on the table and the smell of it wafted throughout the entire house!!! And of all days, I was feeling extremely hungry. Gosh.

I was so tempted right there and then (And I just started my fast) to break my resolution and have lunch, no matter what it was. Urgh!!! It took immense willpower to stick to it. And to keep my mind off food, I did housework and went to work at 2 in the afternoon. Luckily, I was kept quite busy, hence food was forgotten until dinnertime. Muahahah. When I gorged down all the tasty morsels which my mom cooked and my sis brought over to where I work for me *heart*. (I sound like a pig)

Why was I fasting??? Not for dieting that's for sure. I normally fast during important days in the Catholic calendar, like Ash Wednesday and Good Friday. These are days of obligation when you HAVE to fast. This Monday was just an ordinary day. But I decided to fast, partly as a challenge to myself and also for prayers.

Hahaha. The feelings I struggled with, with God. The doubts, unhappiness, pride. Well, I just decided to keep believing and have faith.

Bless you! :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Mr. KT

Of Vampires and Werewolves

My Future???