Church in Kuta, Bali Island.

I went to Bali, Indonesia from 15th to 18th of October.

For more on the trip, click here. Anyone planning to go there can definitely find out a lot from my friend Jenny's post. She's provided a lot of information, like the costs involved and of course, beautiful pictures. Both of us went for a holiday trip there along with three others.

Besides promoting the Island as a holiday paradise, so they say, I'm here to also provide information for Catholics who intend to visit Bali and would like to see the churches there and maybe go for mass. But I only saw one church. Sorry.

During our stay in Bali, we stayed at this place, Febri's Hotel and Spa. And believe it or not, haha, I was actually quite happy about it, that a Catholic church was just within walking distance from our hotel. What a great surprise!


I don't know about other people, but whenever I am in a foreign place and I see a Catholic/Christian church, either when we pass by or not, I always feel very happy. There's this feeling like, "Hey, I belong here." Hahaha.


Anyway, I so regret I did not get up early to go for mass when I was in Bali. My mom scolded me, saying, even if not for the spiritual part, you should have gone to see the architecture! It's awesome. In my eyes, no doubt.

Photo I took at night.


The postcard which was given to me stating the mass times and languages on the other side.

By the way, the name of this church I saw is "Gereja St. Franciscus Xaverius".

Comments

JeNz said…
hehe...can always go back for another trip ;)
chian said…
looks like a beautiful church! :D
Kath said…
Jenz: Lookinfg forward to it. Hahaha.

Chian: Yea.. looks like it too.. I can't confirm..haha.

Popular posts from this blog

To Mr. KT

Of Vampires and Werewolves

My Future???