Goering Family Visit

Had a busy Saturday this weekend.
Grandma's old time employers (I wasn't even born yet) from America were coming to see her.
My grandma used to work for them, taking care of the house and cooking. That is also where she picked up dessert recipes like apple pie and lemon meringue pie! Yum!

So, anyway, my grandma, my dad and three of my aunties (including us kids) met up with them. Or rather they came to my grandma's house where she cooked her chinese food for lunch, one which stuck on one of the Americans. He remembered her fried rice.

Had very interesting and entertaining conversations with them. We had tea as well in my grandma's house. She baked banana cake, brownies and hedgehog cake! Yay!

Met up again for dinner (Yea, I know, seems as if we eat a lot, haha). As our visitors were craving for variety, we took them to a selera makan place in SS2.

Pictures below:
Makan time!


This is Shirley Goering and her son Tom.


My cousins (except the one on the left, my sis)... I was the oldest in this batch. Tua-nye.
Susie Goering. The daughter.
Me, Shirley Goering, Juliana (cousin), Eileen and Shirleen.

With Tom Goering and more cousins.
Snapped this outside a field. The Cave.
Line below reads: Couple Cafe and Restaurant.
Oohhh.. Sounds cozy.. hehehe.

At a durian all you can eat buffet stall. Bleah!
Yes, Americans can eat Durians but they just don't fancy it.
Surprise surprise. I don't either.
Grandma, dad, three cousins and the Goering family.
Posing with durians at the stall..haha.
Btw, the guy in red is Jim Goering... Husband of Shirley.
P/S: The person running this stall, was trying to cheat us of our money (tiok) for the durians. Just because we had some angmohs with us. Geez...
Hahaha. But my mom and dad know their stuff.. so they kena back la.
Padan muka...Hmph.

Comments

chian said…
didn't know your grandma is such a good cook!
go get some recipes for me
ahahah
especially the lemon dessert
me love lemons
Kath said…
Haha she is. Most of the time when she comes to stay in our house, she'll at least make one deesrt. Like Lemon Pie!!! Hehe.
Yup, I'll try to get the recipe alright?
chian said…
thanks! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Popular posts from this blog

To Mr. KT

Of Vampires and Werewolves

My Future???