Camp Aftermath

I am back! From my camp of course.
Freaky scary camp..
Yet when all the hiatus was over, I felt sad.
I had a sudden feeling of missing my classmates and all that we went through.
Sigh, emotional attachment overload. *Snap out of it*.

In the end, camp was ok.
No leeches. Thank goodness.
We went tracking into the jungle at 5pm and came out at 10pm.
We had to cook maggi mee as our dinner in the jungle, at night using torchlights to see.
I had to remove or hold branches to clear the way. Guys, what were you doing?

We had to tie ropes across two trees and walk across it without falling over while holding on to some 'precious' goods.
We had to transfer water from one bucket to another without ever touching any of the pails or scoops.
We played the game of "number 7" where you said 'bottle' for every number that contained 7 or was a multiply of 7.
We had to build rafts using barrels and bamboo poles... it felt like "Survivor: Uni style". We had to row this raft out to sea and collect our flags and row back to the beach with it. But then circumstances were not favourable. All of us had to do emergency landing at the other side of the island and some of us end up cutting our feet on the sharp rocks while trying to get to land. I survived it all....

Only to end up falling down some steps in the drizzling rain back at our campsite.
Got sent to the hospital for a check up.
Had an x-ray and a jab... my bones are ok! Thank God.
But my butt is not... It's been a week but it still hurts especially when there's pressure.
I worry at times because I had a similar fall two years back. Same style of falling, same bruised part.
It is definitely not good.... especially because it's the backbone...
Sigh.

I have never realised the care and concern people can show.
People I never really knew were asking about me.
For the past week, whenever I was at Uni, people just kept asking about my fall, if I was ok or not.
It made me feel so shy!!!
My lecturer even called me on the phone to see if I was ok.
Hehehe and of course my dear colleague as well. :P

Now people will know my name and remember me because of this fall...*shakes head*
I have got to get better slippers with better grip.
Anyone care to donate one to me? Hahahaha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Mr. KT

Of Vampires and Werewolves

My Future???