Fried Rice Version 2

I cooked dinner!! Muahaha.
Mom and dad weren't around for the weekend. They packed their bags, left the country and ran away from us, leaving the three of us to fend for ourselves. Lol!
 
So, I decided to put my cooking skills to the test.
(Partly because I was tired of eating out.)
Head knowledge and skills..
 
And this is what I came up with...
 
Voila!


Kath's seemingly burnt fried rice.
 


Fried rice.
Not your typical fried rice... because I used brown and red rice instead of white rice. So it looks kinda dark....
 
As I was eating this dish, I realized the mistakes that were made.
 
No.1: Too much water was used to boil the rice, thus it was very lumpy and hard to break apart in the kuali.
No. 2: I wanted crunchy ikan billis to munch on. I should have taken them out after getting enough of its flavour into the oil. Instead, I continued frying it with the rest of the ingredients and my delectable snack became soggy. Sigh.
No. 3: Do you see the egg pieces? No right? Yea, I used too little egg. One for 3 people. *facepalm* Kiam. Heheh.
No. 4: I overestimated our appetite. Too much rice was boiled, more than enough for the 3 of us. Extras went to our dog, Holly. Hahahahah. No onions, so it's safe. My cooking literally went to our dog.

Ingredients:
Garlic
Mixed vegetables
Ikan bilis
Prawns
Rice
Egg (beaten)
Oil

No salt is needed because all the saltiness comes from the ikan bilis itself. Great huh?
I forgot onions though. Onions will make the dish taste sweeter.

Verdict: My sisters enjoyed it. I hope they weren't being biased. But judging from the way they were eating, yes, it must have been good.

Score....!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Mr. KT

Of Vampires and Werewolves

My Future???