Please... Hear What I'm Not Saying

   Don't be fooled by me. Don't be fooled by the mask I wear. For I wear a mask, I wear a thousand masks, masks that I'm afraid to take off, and none of them is me. Pretending is an art that is second nature with me, but don't be fooled.
   ...I give the impression that I'm secure, that all is sunny and unruffled with me, within as well without; that confidence is my name and coolness is my game;... But don't believe it; please don't.
   ...I tell you everything that's really nothing, nothing of what's crying within me... Please listen carefully and try to hear what I'm not saying...
   I'd really like to be genuine, spontaneous, and me; but you have to help me... Each time you are kind and gentle and encouraging... or when you try to understand because you really care... with your sensitivity and sympathy and your power of understanding... You breathe life into me.
   Who am I, you may wonder. For I am every man, every woman, every child... every human you meet.

Listen with YOUR heart...


The above excerpt was not written or composed by me, though how much I wish it was. Isn't it true? What the author said. Listening; such a powerful skill yet so often deemed as insignificant in our daily communication with others.

Sometimes, people don't take the time to listen. Time is too precious to listen to other people. Perhaps, I have also done the same. We hear but we don't listen.
Personally, I find it hard to have conversations with people when I don't look at them. Because then, they will feel as if they are not worth my time.
Or when my mind is preoccupied. Because I cannot devote my full attention to what they are really saying.
Or when they don't look at me. Because I feel as if I am very insignificant in the conversation.

Hahaha. Yes. I hope I have been a good listener to my friends and family. :)

Christmas, I am listening out for you.
Be strong, be confident and be yourself.

Comments

Lai Tee @ Grace said…
May I copy what you said, "I hope I have been a good listener to those who knows me & vice versa."
Kath said…
Hahaha Tee Tee!!! Sure thing. And to tell you the truth, you have been a good listener. :)

Popular posts from this blog

To Mr. KT

Of Vampires and Werewolves

My Future???