Pre World Youth Day 2016 Jitters

I am excited!! Nervous and also worried at the same time. Just a week more and I'll be flying off with a group of church friends to Poland!!

For what, you ask.

For World Youth Day 2016!!


This will be my second time attending a World Youth Day event. The first time I attended this event was in 2011 where we all headed to Madrid, Spain. This year, we are heading to Krakow, Poland and I am super anxious, thrilled, apprehensive all a jumble of emotions!

I'll be travelling with my 2 sisters as well who have decided to attend this event with me on a very impromptu basis. Impromptu as in they had never shown any interest in this event before but out of the blue, they made a choice to go on this pilgrimage with me. Hooray!

What makes this trip different from the one in 2011 is that I am going under the umbrella of my own church. Previously, we hitched a ride on another church's organization since no one from my church was doing the organizing at that time. I also have a more active role as part of the committee coordinating  the trip to Krakow on behalf our church's participants. Of course, being first timers doing this, there were a lot of issues that came up, finance being a major topic of discussion. It's really stressful I tell you... I hope we do a postmortem about our organizing after the whole committee returns from the trip. Fingers crossed that we don't grab at each other's throats during the trip. Hahaha. We're humans after all...

The theme song for 2016's World Youth Day is as below. The official one is in Polish (Duh!). However some kind souls have decided to translate it into English so that the rest of us can understand...Lol! Enjoy!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Mr. KT

Of Vampires and Werewolves

My Future???